(DegreeAuthorities.com) – Being in quarantine can make you feel like you’re trapped with nowhere to go. To get past the anxiety, it’s important to find something positive in this difficult time. In her recent video, Aileen from Lavendaire explains that one of the best things you can do right now is focus on yourself.
Quarantine is the perfect time to practice self-care. Here’s a rundown of different tasks you can do right now to feel amazing about yourself:
- Listen to your favorite tunes. The COVID-19 news can wreak havoc on your psyche, so try disconnecting from the noise and news for a while. Create a calm and restful headspace by tuning in to your favorite music.
- Practice your favorite yoga poses. Create a mindful and comforting environment and start posing. Implementing yoga into your days in quarantine can help release stress and spark serenity. Stretching can help reduce muscle tension and calm racing thoughts.
- Start journaling. Don’t bottle up your feelings inside; write about them instead. Getting thoughts and emotions out on paper can shift your mindset to a positive one. This will also be nice to look back on years from now.
- Learn something new. With so much time on your hands and all that peace and quiet, consider nurturing your brain. Programs like Skillshare offer free and paid online classes to help you enrich your life. Or download the Duolingo app and learn a new language.
- Clean up. With all the virus woes and concerns, now is the time to deep clean your home. Cleaning can help rejuvenate your mind and give you a sense of accomplishment.
- Try to meditate. Being confined to your home can make you feel stressed and isolated. Try meditating and using deep breathing techniques to stay grounded and gain peace. It can also help alleviate repetitive thoughts that occur during times of crisis.
- Find your inner compass. Feel like your life is spiraling out of control? Sit down and think about what direction you want your life to go. Are there changes you need to make? Take this opportunity to find real direction in your day-to-day.
- Brush up your reading skills. Why not use some of your extra time to catch up on your reading material? Don’t forget about the power of audiobooks and podcasts too.
- Try cooking and baking. Because going out to eat is on hold, you now have the perfect chance to sharpen your culinary skills. Pick your favorite recipe and perfect it.
- Create a spa environment. Indulge in a relaxing bath. Don’t forget to add the aromatherapy candle, bath salts and skincare mask.
Being stuck at home is a good opportunity to do many things, including picking up a new hobby or watching some “feel good” TV. Remember that this too shall pass. Why not take this time to indulge in self-care and rejuvenation? Your body and spirit will thank you.
~Here’s to Your Success!
Copyright 2020, DegreeAuthorities.com